Philip James Students
Whether you’re a fresher who’s leaving home for the first time, or you’re in your second or third year of studies; nobody has more good quality Manchester student homes or will treat you better than Philip James.
Studying in Manchester is a great experience, especially if you are living in the student heartlands of Fallowfield, Withington, Didsbury and Rusholme. We have an excellent range of student accommodation from single bed apartments to large multi-bed Victorian town houses. 90% of our landlords?are accredited with Manchester Student Homes.
Get up to the minute news on Philip James by??following us on social media.
Five Reasons To Rent a Managed Property
- No agency fees
- Philip James only manage hand-picked properties from the best landlords.
- We’re available 24/7, all repairs are carried out speedily and we only use reliable and professional tradesmen.
- Before you move in we do a FULL photographic inventory .
- Your deposit is safe with Philip James because we secure it with Tenancy Deposit?Scheme.
Click here for more information
Reasons To Rent a Non- Managed Property
- No agency fees
- We will negotiate with the landlord on your behalf
- We hold your deposit until the landlord provides proof where it will be held
- We will provide a move in pack with signed tenancy agreement, gas cert and EPC
- Even though we do not manage the property we are available to advise tenants
Moving home with Philip James is as easy 1-2-3
Do the boring bits
Once you and your friends have found your dream student home, or at least one close to the bars and action, it’s time to work through the serious stuff that needs completing before you can move in.
- Provide all information requested; this may be proof of address, guarantor details and references
- Complete and sign tenancy agreement by all students living at the property?
- Pay first months rent deposit
- Set up standing order for monthly rent
- Complete your photographic inventory and sign agreement
- Collect your keys
- Move into your?new student house
Move in… hurrah!
- When all students living at the property pay their deposit, we’ll confirm everything by email and issue the tenancy agreement.
All students must read the agreement before signing, as this is a legally binding contract
- Once you and your housemates have signed, we’ll send you a ‘move-in’ pack with all the official information. This will include Gas Safety Certificates, EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) HMO Licence (House of Multiple Occupancy) if applicable and proof of where your deposit is held etc.
- Lastly, we hand you the keys and you can start moving into your student home and enjoying university life